Thursday, April 1, 2010

Oh that crazy day last year...

One year ago today... I woke up with my stomach in knots, a pounding headache, no sleep, a complete meltdown the night before... I went to bed knowing that a decision was made on if Jaxson would be our son. A judge was making this life changing decision for our family. And.... we had to wait. It was all too much for me when the moment came and it wasn't pretty. I went home from work at 9:30am to drown my sorrows into my pillow. Knowing that we were going to wait a few more days to hear the outcome was more than I could handle. Thankfuly, that call came shortly after I got home that we passed court. Hallelujah!!! Oh, I can remember like it was yesterday. Go read my blog post from last year here. I was reading my posts from March last year and I remember those crazy feelings swarming all over. Stressful but exciting. Can't help but smile. It does freak me out that almost a year has past. A year. 365 days. When did that happen? Did I sleep for like 6 of those months because surely I haven't been around for a whole year with Jaxson. Crazy.



Here are some pics from our happy home!



Mom... I'm not going to smile...







Umm... maybe I'll give you a lil smirk...







Nah... I'm not gonna smile







Just teasin... I LOVE to smile for the camera!!







Raise your hand if you love mommy & daddy!


2 comments:

jody said...

where the heck has a YEAR gone??? oh why hasn't WI gotten closer to VA in the last year???????? that boy needs some smooches from his MIL!!

jody said...

ok and I went back and read last year's post by you and all the comments and I got all reared up-I am so glad we are home but I loved that time too, so much fun!