Thursday, April 2, 2009

Oh Happy Day!

Ok, so let me fill you in on how yesterday went. Actually I’ll start with Monday. Monday morning was great, we were getting excited for our court date that night. Monday afternoon… not so great. I really do not know what happened, but something did and suddenly the wait was not so easy. Tuesday got even worse. Everyone and their mother was asking “have you heard anything… have you heard anything?” I know that everyone meant well, but it all got to be too much. I hit the wall and the “unknown” was enough to drive me crazy. Tuesday night was complete MELTDOWN. It was not pretty. I was doing the ugly cry – you know the cry where you can’t stop? Yeah… that one. When I get real stressed I get anxiety. So, I had a pounding headache, chest pain and no sleep. Yesterday I woke up and went to work and by 9:30am the headache hadn’t gone away and I already cried twice, so I just went home. I wanted to go to sleep and not wake up until Friday because that’s when I thought we would get the call. I got home and got right into bed. My phone was buzzing and I looked and it was Jody. I knew that she was calling to tell me some good news and it WAS! So, I hung up with her and thought ok probably Friday we’ll hear something. Little while later the phone started buzzing again, I looked and it said “Julie – AGCI”. My heart stopped and I started crying. Surely this is way too early and she is calling to tell us we didn’t pass. I let it ring a couple of times because I contemplated not answering and just having Tim call Julie back because I didn’t want to hear the bad news. I decided to just answer. Julie said “Hi Dawn…. do you have a couple of minutes….for some GREAT news!?” I said “Julie – I have ALL the time in the world!!” So, then she told me all the scoop. Wow – TOTALLY was not expecting that. Want to talk about a roller coaster of a day? I went from the lowest of low to the highest of high. I called Tim and he came home right away. There was a smile plastered on my face the rest of the day. Later that day we were invited over to a tea party hosted by my lovely nieces Bayli & Ava. We went over and there were decorations, signs, balloons, cupcakes, cookies, Tim’s favorite pie, gifts and they were wearing some cute little dresses for the occasion. They poured us some milk… oops I mean “tea”. They were so cute and loved celebrating with us. I'll post some pics later. Then we went to dinner afterwards to do some more celebrating. So, that was the happy day yesterday!

So… onto travel plans. The agency is working on getting our embassy appointments scheduled, but it looks like we will travel in 2 weeks! Of course I have a million things running through my head and adding stuff to my list hourly. I still can't believe that we've made it this far. We are ACTUALLY going now. Ahh!! Off to pack!

14 comments:

jody said...

Pat and I had a big pow wow tonite to supposedly go thru all the stuff we need to do before traveling and for traveling, and i think we just ended up making more work for ourselves rather than get things figured out. plus i had to come up with 2 dr seuss outfits for tomorrow where it is dr seuss day at school for the big girls-sigh, i need a personal assistant.....

Tisha Alexander said...

I think Jody is right. We all need personal assistants during the time of packing. I am sure you have a list a mile long. To top it off I am send that money out to you today for the donations, so you can take out more time and go shopping... sorry!
So happy for you! :)

Renee said...

What did you say your going to ETHIOPIA hahaha...Looks like this will be another weekend of serious list tackling for us. Can I just say the rain is not helping me with the house cleaning motivation.

Margaret and Cordel said...

What a wonderful story...isnt it amazing how God works????

A.H. said...

Hi Dawn...To pass our time while we wait (We have a long, long time to go) we have been looking at flight plans...For curiosity, are you flying out of O'Hare...and if so where are you stopping. Also...I hear there is a great deal for adoption flying through Northwest. Any truth to this?

Matt and Emily said...

I am so excited for you!!! Can't wait until you get home to post some pics!! God Bless.

Sarah said...

Oh man, there are moments when I think that two weeks is FOREVER and moments when I think "how the heck can we get everything done that fast?!" Not that I wouldn't jump on a plane this very minute, given the option!
When I got Jody's text I literally started jumping up and down. I was at the bus stop with my son and he was horrified.
Bring on those travel dates so I can BOOK THOSE TICKETS!

Jess & Matt said...

Dawn, So excited to see photos of the 3 of you together at last!!

Margaret said...

THANK YOU!! I cannot even believe how wonderful this day has been! She is just so precious and beautiful! And I am so thankful that she is going to have so many other wonderful Ethiopian friends to play with!!! :)

I hope you did not mind my shout out on the SEWI group....you deserve it!! :)

The Gresham Clan said...

HOORAY - soooo excited for you!!! Have fun packing and getting ready to go see Jaxson!! Woohoo!!

Anonymous said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! WAHOO!! I am SOOOOOOO excited for you!!!

JonesEthiopia said...

You're so close.... Get ready. Those 2 weeks are going to fly by so fast you won't know what hit you. TRUST ME on that one. :)

Kristi J said...

yeah...now you have dates you need to blog about....super yeah!! My Miss M will be getting all kinds of lovin this month...so excited for yall, kristi

Our journey said...

Wohooo! I am so excited for you to finally get your little guy! THis time is going to pass soooo quickly. Have a joyous time packing.