Sunday, February 21, 2010

I'm a Mommy

Everyday was a struggle when Tim and I were dealing with infertility. I woke up thinking "I'm not pregnant" and was reminded several times throughout the day that I wasn't pregnant and then went to bed with the same thoughts. It was a very difficult time. Now... I'm reminded ALL day long that I'm a mother.

I wake up to Jaxson's sweet little ramblings over the baby monitor.
I get ready for work while he is following me around the house and pulling at me to pick him up.
I drive to work in my car that has cheerios here there and everywhere.
I sit at my desk that has pictures of Jaxson plastered all over.
I get little text messages with pictures of him during the day.
I go in my purse to pull out my id badge and pull out a nuk instead.
I come home to screams and hugs and kisses everyday.
I talk about Jaxson's poop at dinner time with Tim.
I constantly trip over his toys all over the house.
There are little tiny socks to fold now in the laundry basket.

I have a heart that overflows with LOVE for this little boy!! I love being a mommy and love my little reminders all day long. That will never get old. Never.

9 comments:

jody said...

scraping dead hamsters off the wall gets old, very quickly. i'm just sayin' is all.

word verif: minchas

jody said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Renee said...

Bestest job EVER.. so is jax getting a sibling?

Pat said...

That was fun to read on my birthday. I want to hear Tim's version of the poem now!

Tisha Alexander said...

Awww... I LOVE IT!!! Yes, parenthood is wonderful. Actually, the best thing ever. Love you girl, you are an amazing mom!

Margaret and Cordel said...

So very sweet Dawn! You are a great Mommy and Jaxson is such a sweet little man!!!

Akily said...

Welp. I liked reading this one. It reminded me of the days I'd pull nuk's out of my purse at work. :) People think you're crazy when you just look at it and smile. But, you're not crazy, just crazy in love. With one of the most important men in your life. This is great to read, Dawn. I'm SO happy for you (& Tim). Jaxson is SUCH a LUCKY little man, to have you two. I DO think a sibling is in order. HA. When the time is right of course.

Sarah said...

Oh Dawn! I am so happy for you!

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful post!!