Monday, April 21, 2008

Kids say the cutest things...

Well...we're still waiting to hear if we are accepted by AGCI yet. They called on Friday and again today wanting some additional information pertaining to our fertility issues. As soon as we hear something, we will definitely let you know.
I did however want to share a conversation with you that I had with my 3 year old niece who is just the sweetest little girl. Bayli & Ava slept over this weekend and we had a great time with them as always. Tim and I were driving them home and Bayli was telling me about her new baby sister that is coming, so then the conversation turned to babies. And this is how it went...

Me: So, Bayli what would you think about Tim & I having a baby.
Bayli: OH I WOULD BE EXCITED IF YOU HAD A BABY!!!
Me: Well good, but what if the baby was brown and not white like you.
Bayli: Oh Dawny...you are so silly - you can't change their color.
Me: Yes, I know. But, what if I didn't have a baby in my tummy, but we went and got a brown baby that didn't have a mommy and daddy.
Bayli: I think that is just a PERFECT idea!! That way we can go and find them a mommy and daddy.
Me: Well, Tim and I would be the mommy and daddy for the baby.
Bayli: That would be just perfect! And I can get them a piggybank.
Me: Well, I'm glad you think it's such a great idea. What do you think about the baby being brown and not the same color as you.
Bayli: Dawny... I would love your baby even if it was blue.

At that point Tim and I were in shock that this came out of a 3 year old's mouth. She absolutely melted our hearts. She is such an amazing girl and we are so proud of her!

3 comments:

Our journey said...

Kids are so amazing. You never know what is going to come out of their mouths. They can say the most profound things in the simplest way. Can't wait to hear of your acceptance and your paperwork chase.

Amy

The Gresham Clan said...

That is precious! When we actually take the time to sit and talk with our children, we find out there's some pretty amazing things going on in those little minds! I'm excited to hear about your application...

Kristin

Anonymous said...

I just love this story Dawn. That Bayli is just the cutest and is saying things everyone else thinks. Big ((Hugs)),
Sally