Monday, June 23, 2008

Good Weekend

SATURDAY
Tim and I have been saving the $ in our change jar to get a new camera. Well, we are wanting to make the switch from a point & shoot to a SLR, so obviously we'll need to put some money with the money in our change jar, but we're hoping to have a big chunk of it already in that jar. So, Tim had the idea that he wanted to count all of the money to see how much we had. I suggested just taking it to the bank because it's much easier and faster. No, no no...I can do it. Uhhhh....ok. Well, after 1 hour of counting he gave up because he only got through the quarters. I bit my lip, but wanted to say "I TOLD YOU SO!!". And now the money is sitting on the kitchen table waiting to go to the bank.




After he finally gave up on counting all the money, we decided to go mini-golfing. Although I had 3 hole-in-ones, I still lost to Tim. Here is a picture of me on my 3rd hole-in-one, I was pretty excited!





After mini-golf, Ana got into her swimsuit and wanted to go in Addy's pool with her. Yes, our dog is a weirdo and LOVES the water. She wants to be in it as much as possible!


SUNDAY
Sunday was our 6th wedding anniversary! :-) We had Ana until mid-afternoon and then had kickball in the evening, so we made plans to go to dinner on Monday night. But, we still enjoyed our day with Ana and won both kickball games. Although I am dealing with shin splints right now and it is incredibly painful. So, as I'm blogging I'm icing both legs right now. Hopefully they are good to go for next Sunday. I thought I'd post a couple wedding pictures of us since it's our Anniversary. (we got married in Jamaica - for those of you that don't know)



MONDAY
We were expecting to receive our notarized versions of our home study today or tomorrow. And we are very disappointed that it won't be happening. :( We were REALLY wanting it in this week because we are on vacation next week and wanted to leave knowing that we were on the list and we could just relax because everything is in. To make a long story short...our social worker needs to have her boss sign it as well and he is in a different state and there's a notary issue, so not going to happen until next week Monday. However, she will send everything out for us while we're away. But, still wanted it this week. Oh well, not much we can do about it and there are people far worse off so I don't feel I can complain too much, just frustrating.

Tim and I went to dinner tonight up in Milwaukee to an Italian restaurant that we really like and it was delicious! Afterwards we found this little gelato place and stopped in to take a peak. The guy that worked there was VERY passionate about his gelato. He was pretty funny and was making us sample lots and lots of flavors. So, of course we had to get some then. It was soooo good. Here is their website - you should check to see if there is one in your area. I definitely recommend it! http://www.paciugo.com/

Good night everyone, hope everyone had a great Monday!
P.S. please say a prayer for my aunt who is having surgery tomorrow to remove a lump in her breast. She was diagnosed with breast cancer 2 weeks ago. She is doing really well so far and has a great attitude and I know she'll do great. Love you Debbie! :)

4 comments:

C said...

We are op grading our camera also! My husband and family gav eme the money to get the camera for my birthday, BUt after days of drooling over the cameras we decided to put the money towards the adoption an dthen whenwe ar eon the waiting list I will get the camera....its so hard to be wait!!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Dawn & Time!!!

Tim -- listen to Dawn... bring the change to the bank & let them count it for you. :)

Anonymous said...

I mean... Happy Anniversary Dawn & Tim!

Our journey said...

What a great aunt and uncle! You guys are always doing fun stuff. Congrats on your annniversary. I am jealous of your Jamacian wedding. I LOVE the ocean. Have fun on your vacation and I am sorry about the homestudy. All in God's time though.

Amy