Thursday, May 21, 2009

Where has the past month gone?

Where has the time gone?!?! I only have 2 months left at home before going back to work - will someone PLEASE slow up the clocks!! I can't believe we've been home for almost a month - craziness.

Things here are going GREAT!! We LOVE being parents and Jaxson, well he is perfect. I don't know how else to say it. Simply perfect. We're getting our routine down. He's sleeping & napping great now. He takes 2 naps a day and then sleeps about 11 1/2 hrs a night and only gets up once. Woot woot!! :)



I LOOOOOVE being home with Jaxson during the day, but we miss Tim and wish he was home with us. Jaxson said "dada" for the first time on Monday night and so Tim is in heaven because Jaxson says "dadadadadadadadadada" 24 hrs a day. It's fun.



Jaxson loves to be outside and going for walks. Now that the weather is finally getting nice, we are walking everyday. He likes to walk past the zoo and look at the giraffes. We also went to the park the other day and he LOVES the swings. He's changing so much already. He can lay on his stomach which he really couldn't do before and his leg muscles are getting so strong. I swear his hair grows every night while he's sleeping because there is more and more everyday. He LOVES to talk or should I say yell. He wants you to hear him and everyone surely does because he is not quiet. His smile is contagious and his laugh is sooo funny. When he gets belly laughing, you can't help but crack up. I wish you all could meet him because he is quite the character. We just can't get enough of him!





I haven't been getting much time on the computer, but I think it'll be better now that Jaxson has decided that naps aren't that bad. And it doesn't help that my laptop went kaput. I guess when your virus software expires you shouldn't keep hitting the "ignore" button. My computer now has 150 viruses on it - oops! So, it's off getting fixed for a couple of weeks. I have to steal Tim's work laptop to check my email at night. So, if you don't hear from me - that's why. Come on Geek Squad - hurry up and fix my computer!

15 comments:

nell ann said...

I am so glad to read you are doing so well! Please take notes and send me a lecture on how to transition to a perfect baby. And I swear he is cuter with every picture! Please tell me you are coming to the blog union in Chicago this year. We MUST all meet and hang out and reunite the boys. I know they miss each other. : ) Oh, and the gap no longer has those cutie patootie pajamas. Sad. : /

Tisha Alexander said...

I know you will never ever get tired of hearing this... Jaxson seriously is the cutest thing ever!!! I love the way you and Tim glow in every picture. :)

Renee said...

OMg so jealous of the sleep thing..we still struggle with it..this morning i had to sleep in our guest room with him from 2am on..what will i do when we have guests?? We miss you guys ALOT wish you lived closer. And are those some curls i see sprouting on jaxson?? Noah's hair is also growing like crazy i'm afraid we might have to get a hair cut soon...ok not a real one maybe just a trim. Noah Tamirat is also very very loud and yells adadada all day long..not really dada we don't think

Mandy said...

I'm so glad to hear it's going so well for your family. He really is a cutie pie!

Margaret said...

OH Dawn...he is just too precious! I just LOVE his little smile and I want to SQUEEZE him!! :) Praise God that all is going well and I pray that the next 2 months go REALLY SLOW for you!!! ;)

Troy said...

that boy can sleep ... good work!

you know we gotta see some video of the belly laughing, right?

can't wait to meet you guys ... when we come north, I'll definitely let you know.

amber and I were just talking about how we'll be walking in the park every day with Silas ... I imagine they love being outside ... even though it's not the equator sun beating down on them :)

JonesEthiopia said...

He's so precious!

A.H. said...

Way Cute!!!! I can't get over his toes in the flip flops... I would love to meet up sometime...I think we live close.

Brian and Autumn said...

Dawn, he is so CUTE! It is so fun to see you guys all together!! :)

Maria and Family said...

He is so beautiful. I love the sleeping thing, good job lil baby !!

The Gresham Clan said...

He is adorable and I love how much you love being home with him. What a blessing! Way to go on getting his naps and sleeping down - being a mom suites you so well :)!

Sarah said...

Man, our naps are never longer than 30 minutes and our night is still broken into 3-4 hour intervals. Pooey. So glad you've found your groove!

Let's see, if we meet halfway, where does that put us? Montana? Nebraska? Too bad Disneyland isn't smack in the middle of the States...then we'd REALLY have a party!

nell ann said...

So I was perusing your archives and realized your referral packet came on our babe's day of birth. How fun is that?! So I WAS partying on his birthday. In co-celebration and excitement with you. : ) fun.

milreb said...

I just found your blog thru another blog. Guess it kinda works that way. Very excited to know another ACGI Ethiopia kid in Wisconsin as we are in the process. Jaxson is way cute! I look forward to referring back to some of the helpful advice you've posted.

Ron & Maria said...

Great pics! You've got a beautiful family!

Totally understand the "ignore" button on the protection renewal...ya, oops....