Wow - thanks to all of you that have donated already!! You guys are awesome!! Keep it up!!
I wanted to give you some more information on Korah to those of you who don't know much about it.
A few facts:
- Korah in Amharic means "cursed".
- 75 years ago the Ethiopian government moved everyone with leprosy to this area of Addis Ababa.
- Approximately 100,000 people live in the slums of Korah - the "outcasts" of society.
- The city dump is located in Korah.
- The people, both adults and children, spend their days digging through the dump searching for anything to eat or sell.
One of my closest friends visited Korah in July and she saw first hand the devastation that is going on there. She's done an awesome job at spreading the word to others - hence the reason Tim and I got involved. Please watch this video to get an idea of where your dollar is going.
The Village of Korah - A short documentary from Session 7 Media on Vimeo.
I have one more video for you. This is my little