Thursday, May 1, 2008

1st Homestudy Visit Done!

We had our 1st homestudy visit tonight and it went really well. We went through lots and lots of paperwork and then started the interview process. Our socialworker is really nice and very easy to talk to. Tim and I both felt very comfortable talking with her. We now have lots of paperwork to go through, read and fill out - we'll get started on that right away. Our next visit with her is on the 15th and then again on the 20th. She said that we should be done by end of May or first week in June. So, we're hoping that we don't hit any bumps so we can indeed move that fast. We are really excited because we were a little nervous going in for our first visit, but it turned out to be just fine. We are hoping to get our dossier in the mail next week, so we can start checking stuff off the list. I'm a big list person - love them, so very excited to get that started. We are learning new stuff everyday and are loving all of it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

~Dawn

5 comments:

Our journey said...

Yeah! I think everyone is a little nervous going into their first interview since you don't really know what to expect. I am glad it went so well and you guys are so comfortable with her. You are moving fast and that is my best advice. This is the only part that you have a semblence of control over, so get it done and then begin the long wait! Good luck!

Amy

Michael and Michelle said...

Hello! I just found your blog, nice to "meet: you. We too are adopting with AGCI.
It will be fun to follow your journey.
Michelle

Brian and Autumn said...

Although at times the paperwork can be overwhelming it is really nice to be able to see the progress you are making and know that you have (a lot) of the control at this stage. I really zipped though all the paperwork both for the homestudy agency and our dossier which is why we moved along so quickly. Good luck!!
Autumn

The Gresham Clan said...

Hooray - you're moving right along! I'm SO excited for you guys and the progress you're making. I like lists too (most of the time), so the paper chase might be kind of fun for you. I liked the challenge of trying to get it done as fast as I could. I'm sure you'll zip through - have fun!!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

We are so happy for guys! I'm glad things are moving along quickly. Before you know it we'll be meeting your new little one! Love ya guys!

Deanna