Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Nerd Alert


I'm nerdy... let's just get that out of the way right now. I love browsing through the gadgets & gizmos at Bed Bath & Beyond and other kitchen stores. You never know what you might find and there are so many quirky things out there. Well, you will never believe what I found today. My new friend... Brown Sugar Bear. I will never have hard brown sugar again! Do you know how happy that makes me?!?! I get so frustrated when I'm baking and I go to take out the brown sugar and its just a brick. Now, I've tried putting a piece of bread in there, but I just end of with hard as a brick bread and hard as a brick brown sugar. So... I'm hoping that Brown Sugar Bear is the trick! Not only does it do that, listen to what else it can do...


~keeps cakes & cookies moist

~keeps raisins, coconut and other dried fruits fresh

~keeps licorice fresh

~keeps spices dry

~keeps salt dry

~keeps crakcers & chips crispy


All of that for a $3.99 Brown Sugar Bear. It's a good day folks... a good day.
P.S. I know what you are thinking... "did Dawn really just do a blog post 3 days in a row"?! Yes... Yes I did. That's how I roll.

7 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow. Will you do my Christmas shopping for me?? Between that and the Obama chia pets that Jody found, I'd be set!

Troy said...

you're making us look bad with all your posting...I'm hoping to get one more in this year

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Let me know if it really works!!! :)

jody said...

listen, i don't want to rain on your parade, but i just clip my bag shut and then....wait for it...put it in a ZIPLOC bag. have not had it harden one time since, for reals. so, see if SOMEHOW, SOMEWHERE you could find some ziplocz and return your bear! :)

Kristi J said...

oh, i want a bear...AND, btw if you mircrowave your HARD as a rock brown sugar, it softens again...my momma taught me that one :) kj

Anonymous said...

i LOVE the brown sugar bear!! i have one and it is AWESOME!! :) Jody, you stinker with your ziplock baggie ... it is NOT the same. for one, um, a ziplock baggie is way uglier than a cute little bear!! And for two, ziplock baggies frequently kill dolphins. i mean, if you prefer to be a dolphin-killer, then well, it's your choice. :) but i'm just sayin' its not the same. hee, hee.

nell ann said...

I have one, too. But you still have to resoak it from time to time or else it dries out and your brown sugar problem is back again. But it is a friendly little hello every time you pull it out! : )

How funny that you posted about this.