Sunday, August 8, 2010

The Worst Mom of the Year Award goes to....

Me. Yes... *big sigh*..... Me.

I've been laying in bed all weekend sick and this morning Jaxson crawled up into bed with me and was playing. He was climbing off the bed and decided he wanted back on. He was slipping off the side and was saying "Ep Ep", which means "help help". So I grabbed his arm that was closest to me and... POP. Just like that... the tears started coming. Something was out of socket - we just didn't know what. Oh boy did I feel horrible. He wasn't moving his arm at all and if you touched it - he would cry. Tim took him into the emergency room while I sulked at home and gathered my things that I was going to take to jail with me. Because certainly the police were going to come and handcuff me and take me away for child abuse or something... I was certain of it. The doctor popped Jaxson's elbow back into socket (doesn't it sound painful?!). Eek. Thankfully he started using his arm right away and all was good in the world again. I was so happy to see him when he came home. Jax could push every button on the tv and get into any cabinet he wanted without hearing "no" from mommy. Just for today though. Oh and I'm happy to report that I'm blogging from my couch and not from a jail cell. Phew...

6 comments:

Troy said...

UGH! I've thought about that with Silas when I've picked him up in similiar fashion ... glad it was an easy 'fix' ... and maybe you're having sickness from missing TN ... just saying :)

Erin said...

Bummer. I popped my shoulders out a bunch as a little kid being picked up- it happens. But no fun for anyone!

Kelly said...

This happened to Lindsey twice in about 6 months--we have yet to be arrested so rest easy!!! But..beware b/c after the first time it is likely to happen again. (At least that is what the ER nurse told us) And sure enough it did--second time it was her brother, who I think cried harder than she did!! Glad he is feeling better.

Amber said...

Glad it was an easy fix Dawn...it could have happened to anyone!!

Margaret and Cordel said...

Poor Mom :( Accidents happen!!! So glad that Jax is all better and that you can rest easy that you are not going to be imprisoned!! :)

Anonymous said...

WOW I just read this. Why did I not hear about this? Were you too ashamed????? Oh well it happend and now fixed and THANK GOD you are not in jail!!!! What would Jax do without his winderful mommy and Tim without his beautiful wifey????
~Trina