Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Marriage Certificates & Target

Guess what came in the mail today? A big check? Nope...I wish. Our marriage certificates from Jamaica that we ordered 3 months ago. No - that is not a typo - 3 months. R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S. We have been calling and calling and calling to get copies and if we were lucky to get someone to pick up we would hear excuses like "it's being sent to the printer" or "our shipping machine is broke" or "no worries - you will get them". When we ordered them we were told 4 weeks...well that turned into 3 months. We were tired of waiting for our copies to come in, so we ended up sending in our original marriage certificate with our dossier, which I didn't want to do. But, I'm SO glad we did - because look how much longer we would have waited. Ok, just had to vent on that.

And ok...I just have to ask this question. Is it possible to go into Target and buy ONLY what you went in to buy for? I don't think I have ever...and I mean ever gone in and came out with only what I originally intended to buy. Why is that?!?! I went in for dog food, toilet paper and napkins. While I did buy all of these things, I also came out with a gift bag (it was only $1 and it was cute - so I HAD to buy it), also came out with a shirt (it was on sale and again cute - so HAD to buy it), oh and I picked up some shower gel, some handsoap, paper plates, and a toy for Addy. I think next time I will make it my mission to go in and stick to the list. Although I don't have high expectations for that one. :)

6 comments:

Erin said...

And I thought waiting on the State of Alaska was ridiculous. But hey, "it's no problem, man" Right? Glad it finally came!

Kristi J said...

No, you can't go into Target, especially with kids, and not come out spending a fortune. We always have to get snacks, there is now a Starbucks which is dangerous for me...we always spend too much there...but I keep going because I love the place..i just can't help myself there..kj
So, have you figured out which # you are right now?? How far off are we??kj

Our journey said...

I love Traget. Lucky for me , the closest one is 30 minutes away, so I don't make it there often. If it was closer, I would have serious problems.

Amy

Anonymous said...

Girl, you know I love Target too! I always spend at $100 everytime I go. You're not alone.

Anonymous said...

Me too! I can not walk in & out of Target without buying MORE than I intended to. First of all, they get you with the $1 spot items right as you enter -- heck, they are only $1, better get a few of them. Then... it's make-up, toiletries, cleaning supplies, all their seasonal stuff. I hear ya girlfriend... have to space out my trips or I'd be broke.

The Gresham Clan said...

Ditto on Target - I can't seem to get out of there without getting numerous things NOT on my list :)!

Kristin