Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blessed

I feel SO incredibly blessed to have some of the best friends I could ask for! It's been a tough year or so and they have all been so supportive to me. Whether it be calling and asking how I was doing, just having fun without talking, relating to my issues, trying to understand all of the meds and procedures we were going through, or simply sending a card to say you were thinking of me. THANK YOU! There is no way we could have gone through everything without all of our friends and family.

I received a very nice phone call yesterday from some close friends of mine and they informed me that they have planned a fundraiser for Tim and I to help raise money for the adoption! I was speechless and trust me that does NOT happen often. (I'm a chatty patty) Although, Tim and I do feel somewhat awkward accepting this, we know that people want to support us and so we keep trying to remind ourselves of that. I don't know all the details about the event, but I do know that they are working very hard and knowing these girls I know that it will be AMAZING. I can hardly wait! So to all of my friends and family that are helping with this....THANK YOU...from the bottom of our hearts....thank you.

~Dawn

3 comments:

Our journey said...

So great you have that support!

Amy

Anonymous said...

The "aunties" are hard at work and we know it's killing you not to know all the details.

We will do anything we can and we just can't wait for Baby Prust to come home so we can get our hands on him/her.

Kristi J said...

Aren't friends just awesome?? I love my girlfriends and can't imagine life without them...What medical expenses were you referring to?? Was it in an old post I haven't seen?? kristi