Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Only in Wisconsin....

Last night I went to the State Fair to see Vanessa Hudgens & Corbin Bleu. NO....I am not a fan of High School Musical - I've never even seen the movie. My friend Deanna asked me if I would go with her to take her daughter Aaliyah. Ok...sure....why not. Well, I think I might possibly be deaf in my right ear from fifty gazillion 4-15 yr olds screaming their little heads off, but it was all worth it because as we were walking out Aaliyah says "Mom - that was the best night of my ENTIRE life". Hehehe...I replied with "Oh man - ME TOO!!". While it may not have been the best night of my entire life...it was close. Because of the teeny boppers? no no no.... because of this....


Friends...let me introduce you to the deep fried smore on a stick. Yes, you read that right. Only in Wisconsin do we take a perfectly delightful treat...deep fry it and then slap a stick in it. Somehow that seems to make EVERYTHING better. Well, they sure did get it right with this one. It was SOOOO good. I should have taken a picture of the inside of it, but I was too busy devouring it. It was nice and warm with a crispy...yet soft shell with lots of ooey gooey marshmallow & chocolate inside. I would love to know who invented this...they really truly deserve an award. And I would love to express my gratitude to them. So, for those of you who live in WI...go to the fair and get one!! Ok, I think I have rambled on enough about that.

Happy Wednesday everyone!

P.S. Here's a picture of Aaliyah at the concert. Let me just tell you - she was dancing & singing her little heart out. It was pretty cute. And little does she know...I have some video of her that I think will haunt her later in life.

0 comments: