Monday, September 8, 2008

BEWARE OF SQUIRREL


Let me tell you about our little friend....Mr.Squirrel. I guess I should rephrase that because he is NOT our friend. We have had this OBNOXIOUS squirrel taunting us for a couple of months now. This thing is not afraid of anything or anyone. We will be standing 5 ft away from the thing and it doesn't move or flinch. It sticks its little butt up in the air...shakes his bushy tail and makes these noises at us. It seriously wants to attack us. The first time I got really scared and ran in the house. It does the same thing to Addy too (our dog). Tim borrowed a bb gun from my Grandpa and was convinced he was going to take care of the problem. It's actually quite entertaining. Everytime Tim hears the squirrel or Addy alerts us that it's in the backyard - he runs outside with the bb gun and shoots away. He has shot the squirrel several times and sometimes it doesn't seem to care too much and sometimes it scurries off...but it always always always comes back. Many of our friends have been over and witnessed our crazy squirrel and laugh as Tim runs in the house...gets his bb gun and plays target practice. We've set a trap and put some very enticing peanuts in there...but the squirrel isn't buying it yet. I don't mind your ordinary squirrels running around the yard - but this one is just plain cRaZy. Have you ever heard a squirrel whine? If not - consider yourself lucky - it's ANNOYING - this thing is so stinkin' loud. So, if you have any suggestions on how we can avoid being attacked by our vicious squirrel that won't go away - PLEASE let me know!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

I wish I had suggestions for you--but instead I can only say I feel your pain--except for me it is baby chipmonks (and they don't look cute like Alvin, Simon and Theodore). Good luck!

The Gresham Clan said...

OK this is just flat out hilarious (maybe not for you, but for the rest of us reading about it :) )! No advice to give unfortunately!!

Kristin

Anonymous said...

Put a peanut butter sandwich in the trap! I hear that squirrels love PB... at least the one running through work did.

Three2Five said...

The squirrell story is hilarious. and what a great idea to have a pee pee tea party! How cute is that.

Erin said...

Ha Ha, I feel your pain!!!
http://mymentalnotestoself.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-feel-like-snow-white.html
Maybe you should try a higher caliber, I hear squirrel stew is pretty good :)
Erin