Monday, November 24, 2008

Barbados...I miss you

Well, I haven't posted in quite awhile now. I guess I didn't have much to post about - pretty quiet on the referral front (besides my bloggin buddy Erin - wohoo!!). That puts us at #5 and #8. I have to admit that the wait is getting hard. Really hard. I am glued to the computer everyday in hopes of hearing of some referrals. We are longing to know if it's going to be a girl or a boy... an itty bitty thing or a little chunk... it's so hard not to know. It's been 4 months, 2 weeks and 3 days on the wait list... but who's counting. However, we are very excited that more families got their travel calls and will be going over in a few weeks!!

Since I woke up this morning to yucky snow, I thought I would take a little trip down memory lane to one year ago today. This is what I was doing.....




Last year at this time was tough. Tim and I were not in a good place. It was clear that we would be spending another Christmas without a child. The infertility stuff was really wearing on us and we needed to escape. So, what better to do than to go on a 10 day cruise?!?! It was AMAZING!! It was exactly what we needed. We needed to get away from our everyday life, doctors, cell phones, tv, etc etc... It was soooooooo nice. And oh do I miss Barbados....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isnt amazing how in one year...365 days...how life can change? Here you are waiting for your sweet little one!!! So excited for you!!

So, I started a yahoo group called Southeastern WI: Touched by Ethiopian Adoption. You should join and get others you know from the area to join!! It would just be nice to get others in the are together for support and events!!!

Anonymous said...

how amazing that one year ago things were in the bottom of the bottom, and now you are here, and any day you could know about your child. It is just so amazing how much can happen in a given year! I cannot wait until I check your blog and see that you have a BABY!!

jody said...

oh man, i want to be in barbados RIGHT NOW as i sit here fighting with my computer that is not working right at all and snow fliurries flying all over the place outside....i hate winter.

i imagine it is worse in wisconsin though-you should just move on over here to virginia!!

Margaret and Cordel said...

I hope you do not mind that I did that!! I read your blog about not being able to say no and also being very busy, so I thought I would take it off your plate!! I am a victim of the just can't say no as well, but I have been praying a lot about it and God has really worked this past year in me!! I cannot wait to get people together either!! I think it is going to be great!!!! :)

Dawn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.