Sunday, December 7, 2008

Ugly Christmas Sweater Party

Tim and I went to an Ugly Christmas Sweater Party last night and oh man were there a lot of ugly sweaters!

Like our sweaters? Whoever made my sweatshirt was obviously torn and did not know what to do so just did it ALL - whole lotta everything going on! I also have some blinking earrings on, but you can't see those.

We also had a white elephant gift exchange. These are the lovely gifts that Tim and I came home with. Don't ask me what this first thing is - it's one of the strangest/ugliest things I have ever seen! It's a ceramic dog with a furry tail - that's just wrong.




Our little niece Emry was dedicated this morning, so I took a few pictures. Seriously - are they not the cutest red heads ever?!?!
Well...we do know that we are #2 for a girl and there is a very good chance that we are #1 for a boy. We are SO very excited!! Tim wanted to avoid the #1 spot all together and just get a referral before we had a chance to know that we were #1. I'm just thrilled right now, however I'm sure that won't last long. Those that know me know that patience is not one of my strengths. I would LOVE to get a referral by Christmas and Julie said she would hope we would too, but to be prepared just in case that doesn't happen. Well, I'm just pretending like she didn't say that second part. If we are #1 going into Christmas I think I will go crazy. Let's hope for another exciting week of referrals!!!

9 comments:

Paul and DeeDee said...

Definitely praying for you guys!!! Oh my goodness a Christmas baby would be so perfect!! Maybe you should just stop by a mall and see Santa just in case.....:) you know, just to cover all your bases.

jody said...

oh my, those are some seriously bad sweaters. now i need to ask, where did you get them-did you already OWN them before the party???? 'fess up now if you did!! and your little red-head nieces-SOOOO cute! I am so excited about this baby thing, I think it just makes Advent really special b/c it is a tiny picture of what the world anticipated with the arrival of Jesus and when they least expected it, BAM! those shepherds got "The Call"!!!

Kristi J said...

Ok, hilarious!!! Your sweater deserved an award!! And, you know I love those red heads..they are precious!!! I can't wait to hear from you with your referral..I just know it will come for you before Christmas!!! So happy for you, kristi

Our journey said...

Praying for you guys. This is just too exciting! And yes, those are the cutest little red heads.

Amy

nell ann said...

I keep imagining that my face looks just like yours (and Lucy's)...especially to all those who don't understand why! This time HAS been so very exciting! I can hardly believe that things have gone so quickly! And I LOVE it! I just pray that things continue to go smoothly and f.a.s.t. so that right after the holidays we can have a referral, too! Well, ok, really I'm imagining somewhere between Feb and March (which would be 4-5 months on the list) instead of the April I had hoped for earlier. Maybe I shouldn't get my hopes up!?

Praying for miracles!
nellann

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. It had better be by Christmas. Two plus weeks of no referrals? -- ouch! Maybe I ought to take back my "this is a good time to be #1 comment".... Here's to Christmas babies!

Sarah
Numero Uno for Girls

jody said...

ok-i came back again just to look and laugh at those sweatshirts-Tim's is so funny, with the ridiculous Santa-hahahahaha-Who even produced those things in the first place??

The Gresham Clan said...

That is stinkin' hilarious!!! I laughed out loud. CONGRATS on your numbers - that is SOOO exciting!!! Can't wait to hear that you got your call - woohoo!

Kristin

PS - hilarious comment - I clicked on the Tim link and then read your comment after - too funny :)!

Sarah said...

Dawn,

ARGH! Being #1 is REALLY CRAPPY! (pardon my language) Having a tough day today -- can't believe its only been a week. When I talked to Julie earlier this week she said, "Yeah, you and Allan are going [to wait] a little bit longer." I'm really hoping for before they close AGCI for Christmas/New Years. January 5th is a looong ways away!

How are you doing?

Sarah