Thursday, December 11, 2008

Waiting Sucks

Waiting sucks. That pretty much sums up how I feel. I was SO super excited about the thought that we might be #1 last week. Now that it's been a week, I'm feeling antsy. I find that I'm just drained at the end of the day. I find myself ALWAYS anticipating the call. If I walk to the water cooler without my phone I freak out and run back to my desk to see if I missed THE CALL. Nope. About every 20 minutes I look down at my phone - just make sure it's on... make sure I have several bars... yep it's all good - why wouldn't it be. It's always fine... but I just have to check a gazillion times... just in case. Everytime I do anything I think "oh I wonder if I'll get the call in this meeting...or I wonder if I'll get the call while eating lunch with friends today... or I wonder if the phone will ring while I'm going to the bathroom (seriously that's probably when it will happen - my luck it will and YES I will answer!!)... or I wonder if it will happen while I'm driving home from work..etc...etc...etc". I also find myself thinking of our child A LOT. Julie said that there are babies at HH - just waiting on paperwork to get processed. So, I'm pretty sure our child is there. So, I wonder what they are doing... are they in a swing, are one of the special mothers holding them, are they sitting outside watching the older kids play, what's their birth mother doing, etc.... These questions run through my mind all the time. So... I guess I'll continue to just sit and think and daydream... what else am I going to do?

We went to dinner with my cousin & his wife tonight. Today was her due date, but no baby. I was hoping for some action during dinner, but that didn't happen. I said "what would you do if your water broke RIGHT here at Olive Garden!!??" She just looked at me like "uhhh not cool". They asked Tim and I to be the Godparents of their little baby boy that should be coming soon. So, we of course were very honored. I'm so thankful that we have lots of babies in our family - our baby will have lots of cousins his/her age. On our way home from dinner my parents called and said that they were going to stop by to pick up a book...well surprise surprise they brought over the crib that we wanted!! :) WOOHOO!!! I think they are trying to give us a hint to get working on that nursery. Yes, we've been slacking. But we are never home! I'll be off from the 19th to the 5th though, so I'm hoping to make some serious progress. I have lots of ideas swirling in my head, so can't wait to get started. Thanks Mom & Dad - we love you!!

10 comments:

jody said...

Funny, I thought I was reading somehting I had written myself!! I have the exact same thoughts and wonderings and wonder about "if i get the call when I am...." a lot. And yeah, I carried my cell phone to the potty today, in my own house-you know, just in case ;) So fun about that crib-and that you have your parents close by and they are so excited! yay little baby-c'mon out and show your self!!

Erin said...

So...If you're in the bathroom...Will you like, flush and make it all obvious to Christy that she caught you on the pot? Just curious.

Kristi J said...

sooo well written...I'm thinking of you every day..can't wait to hear something..I jumped at my phone today because is was out of state and I didn't recognize and thought, "Oh she got her call", but it was a telemarketer, yuck..can't wait to find out, kristi

Jana said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, so exciting for you!!! It does suck but boy is it awesome on the other side. You're gonna be a mama!!

Our journey said...

It does suck Dawn and being #1 sucks even more. I used to love the weekends, because the pressure of whether "the call" was coming was gone! Praying for you as you wait.

Renee said...

I think you wrote what most of us can't put into words..Sitting right behind you and man is it tough back here. I'm almost looking forward to the relaxing weekend when i know the call won't come.
Come on christmas babies.

Sarah said...

You know I understand!

The good news is that the referrals do usually come in groups, so that means when one of us gets the call...the rest of us can really freak out! Nah, its all good!

Anonymous said...

We are so excited and happy for you and Tim. We can't wait for it all to happen....you know we are here for you!

Love you guys!

Deanna and Fred

The Gresham Clan said...

UGH - I remember that waiting - NO FUN!! But, your baby will be in your arms soon and that will make it all worth it :)!! Love the toilet comment - hilarious!

Anonymous said...

I keep checking back daily waiting for "your call"!!! Cannot wait to hear your happy news!!!!!!!