Monday, March 30, 2009

Court Tonight!!!

The closets are organized, the exersaucer is put together, everything has been dusted, the carpets have been shampooed, the cabinets have been cleaned & organized, the highchair is put together, the pack n play is put together, etc, etc, etc, and it’s done. The cleaning is done and I have wore myself out. I’m exhausted. The house is completely clean. You could come and lick my floors if you want, or my bathtub or my kitchen cabinets. They are THAT clean. So, just throwing it out there.

At midnight tonight the courts will open and while we sleep (well, I’m sure I won’t be sleeping) a judge will decide if Jaxson Kyin will be OUR SON. OUR son. AH! How does one sleep when they know that type of decision is being made??? I did not sleep last night – Tim and I both tossed & turned all night long. So, I can only imagine what it’s going to be like tonight. I am not nervous… not at all. I’ve never once been nervous about not passing court. I’m just anxious. VERY anxious & excited. I don’t know why, but I’m very much at peace about the court appt and that we won’t have any problems passing. IF for some reason we do not pass… well, I will be heart broken, but I’m choosing to remain completely hopeful that all goes well and we will be traveling in a couple of weeks with all my friends to pick up our children! We won’t know right away if we pass or not. They wait until they have a court decree in hand before making the phone call, so we are hoping to hear on Thursday or Friday. There are 4 other families that have court tonight as well, so if you could PLEASE say a prayer for all of us before you go to sleep tonight we would all REALLY appreciate it!!

Now I’m off to find some caffeine… and maybe some chocolate…

12 comments:

Renee said...

Dawn you are more ready then I am. Please don't come and lick my floors just yet. Ok wait i have a dog so licking my floors is probable not a good idea at any point in time. I still have bathroom cleaning and window washing on my list..we also have a few other biggies like birthmom letter and taxs to do. We made huge steps this weekend tho with closets and shopping. I actually slept ok last night cleaning tends to wear me out. I keep tellin myself its out of my hands and there is no reason to lose sleep but we'll see what tonight brings. I would love to get the call on Friday that T is ours. It would make a great birthday present for Sean.

Brian and Autumn said...

Thinking of you and PRAYING!
Love,
Autumn

Tisha Alexander said...

YAY!!!!! I am so excited for you. Treat yourself to a Starbucks, you deserve it and I fear you won't make it through the day without one. I hope you guys hear the good news SOON, so you can start packing. :) Can you even wrap your brain around the fact you will probably be seeing your son NEXT MONTH??!! Praying...

jody said...

um, i am not going to lick you floors. unless they have french fries on them, but i am guessing not. but i AM going to pray for you!!!!!! oh man, can we just get this waiting part OVER already???

Jess & Matt said...

Praying for a fast and peaceful week for the both of you.

Jess

Margaret said...

Dawn!! This is it! You are going to have news soon!! So excited for you and praying that the news is fantastic and that you are traveling in the next few weeks to bring home your son!!

Matt and Emily said...

Praying for you and for good news. This is the hardest wait of the whole process. Well and the 15 hr. flight there. I found comfort in the fact that God already knows the outcome.

JonesEthiopia said...

You're in my prayers. That's all I can say, besides that I know how you are feeling right now!

A.H. said...

Yippeeee! I'll be thinking of you...and I can't wait to hear the news of passing court!

p.s.) I'll eat a little chocolate for ya too! You shouldn't have to do it alone.

Sarah said...

Know what? I've cleaned everything too. You just can't tell in our house. That's what happens with boys. As you'll SOON find out, woman!

I am SOOO done waiting for things! Let's get this show on the road already!

Much love and prayers to and for you!

Troy said...

Praying for you guys ... can't wait to hear the travel dates :)

Margaret said...

UG! The suspense is killing me!!! (winky, winky...I am sure you feel the same Thinking of you today!!