Tuesday, March 24, 2009

We got a nester over here!

Our court appointment is right around the corner! NEXT week – WAHOO!!! (please keep us & the other families in your prayers!) Back in January when we were told our court appt was 3/31, I was like WHAT?! That is forever away! I can’t do that. Well, certainly I could… I’ve waited several years for our baby – I can wait a few more months. And the time passed quickly – it really did. I got an email from another family with the same court date as us with some fun info. Our caseworker told her that if we pass court that we should plan to travel the week of 4/12 or the week of 4/19 depending on the embassy appointments. Ummm hello – that is just a FEW weeks away!!! So, I am beyond excited but a little freaked out at the same time. I always imagined us being at this point, but it’s different when you are actually there. We COULD be booking our plane tickets next week. What? Did I really just type that? Yes… crazy.

So, wanna know what I’ve been up to? NESTING. Yes, that’s right. I’m totally nesting. When people would say that they were nesting I always wondered what nesting really was. Well… I get it. I’m a crazy nester right now. I’m on a mission. I am cleaning everything in my house. You’d think I was cleaning for the President to come over… nope… someone even more important than that – JAXSON! Sunday Tim and I took everything out of all the kitchen cabinets, washed everything, scrubbed down the cabinets, cleaned behind the fridge & stove, re-organized, etc… I’m doing this to every room in my house. I’m obsessed. So, watch out people – CRAZY nester is comin’ through!!

13 comments:

Renee said...

Seriously the week of the 12th or the 19th?? Unfreaking beliveable....omg i totally need to start making those lists and getting them done. i'm such a procrastinator..Christy didn't tell me that..Did that info come from her or Julie...omg running off to clean something ahhhhhhhhhh

Unknown said...

WARNING - Do not buy any clothes for Jaxson. I am going to need another bag to bring over what Sabine has bought. I hope these dates hold. I should be back over then so I get to see the boy arrive, YAY!Don't worry about the cleaning. Do it now and get it out of your system. When you have had a few weeks of no sleep you give up on that.

Jess & Matt said...

Dawn,
I am so excited for you guys!! Clean away.

Anonymous said...

YAY for nesting. YAY YAY YAY!! I am so glad!! You are soooo close!!

Troy said...

heh, that's awesome ... Amber's already in that mode ... apparently it's "spring cleaning" but she's been cleaning out cabinets, closets, etc ... interesting.

and I was thinking, those picture frames better be spectatular to hold up a reveal :)

praying for you guys ... tomorrow is fast/pray Wed and you'll be lifted up many-a-time, I'm sure.

Tisha Alexander said...

You go girl! It'll feel so good to get all that done! I am SO SO SO excited for you. Next week... I can't believe it! If I do not have a referral by the time you travel, I will cry. I really want you to love on our kiddos while you are there!

Kristin said...

Can't wait to see the nursery ;)

Sarah said...

The 12th or the 19th?! Dawn! Are you serious?! I was thinking the 19th would be the soonest. The 12th would so totally rock! Um, but I'm not ready yet. Emotionally, heck yeah. My house? Not so much. Anyone know where I can get a nesting shot? Or maybe I should just fly Dawn over here....

jody said...

ok, so where was your nesting when you were at MY house??? no, instead you decided to barf up the place. i see how it is.....

i will show you how to email the postios, 'k? i may just put it in a blog post:)

Anonymous said...

Dawn, that is FANTASTIC news!! I cannot wait to hear that you got your travel call!!!!!! And good for you for nesting....isnt it just a great feeling?? :)

Anonymous said...

Right now, the wait time is listed as 12 to 18 months for a younger child, shorter for an older child. This time frame has been much, much shorter until recently. Most families had a referral between 6-8 months. There is at least one family who I know is over 10 months (they want a girl though) and then we are next on 9 1/2 months (either gender).

nell ann said...

Yay for nesting! I have also been experiencing this...but I think it's been going on for months now. I've even been repainting rooms. Not touching up, but completely starting over. Our court date is still six weeks away...but I am excited that you could be with Jaxson around my birthday -- because I know that is soon! : )

Kristi J said...

oh, that gave me chills..I'm so excited for you all....Can't wait to see you PASS court the first time...yeah!!!! kristi