Monday, April 13, 2009

Dear Jaxson,

We are coming! I wanted to write you this letter so that one day you can look back and see just exactly how much you were loved before we even met you. I have so many different emotions swarming around inside of me that I have never experienced before. I don’t know how to put it all into words, but I will try. Your daddy and I have started dreaming about you many years ago… and next week we will finally be together as a family. Our journey to you was not an easy one, but worth every tear and every heartache and every bump in the road. It’s such a strange feeling to have never held you, but my arms feel empty without you in them. You definitely were the missing piece for our family. You have made my heart whole again. We know that God hand picked you to be our son and we would go to the ends of the earth for you. I lay awake at night and think of what it is going to feel like to hold you for the first time and it gives me butterflies, much like the ones I would get with your daddy when we first started dating. I can’t wait to look into your beautiful eyes, see you smile, hear your giggle, count your toes, and just hold you and know that you are my son and we are a family forever. We got a few new pictures of you today and you have grown so much, we can’t believe it. You are the most beautiful baby we have ever laid eyes on and every time I look at a picture of you, my heart melts and I can’t help but smile. People say that you are a lucky little boy to have us as parents, but your Dad and I are the ones that are blessed. There are so many things that your dad and I want to experience with you and teach you. I know I won’t be a perfect mother, I know I’m going to make mistakes – lots of them. But, one thing I know for sure is that I promise to love you and protect you always. My son, I want you to know that you are loved more than you can possibly imagine. And tonight as you sleep, feel the breeze on your skin as I’m blowing you kisses in the wind.

Love, Mommy

18 comments:

Sarah said...

Now you've gone and made me cry. Something tells me I'll be doing that a lot in the next week and a half.

Jaxson is one blessed fellow. And I know you two will be blessed even more than you are now!

nell ann said...

Too sweet. Stop it.

I am so excited for you to travel...SOON!!! Oh my goodness, it's almost time! : )

Mandy said...

So sweet! He will be in your arms before you know it. Amazing!!!

Renee said...

Reaches for tissue..oh heck i'll use my sleeve. Thanks Dawn i'm sure you know that emotions are running high and now you've gone and made me cry. Seriously someone tell me at what point this crying over everything is gonna stop.

jody said...

ditto renee

Tisha Alexander said...

Dawn, I feel so blessed to know you. You are an amazing mom! I am so excited for you to bring that beautiful baby boy home!

JonesEthiopia said...

So sweet. You'll be a family FOREVER soon! Take care, and enjoy the trip.

Margaret said...

why ya gotta go and make a girl cry??? So beautiful and I am so EXCITED for you to be brining Jaxson home!! I cannot wait to see updated pics and to actually meet this special little man in person!!! You are a Mommy!! Isnt it the most tremendous feeling in the world????? :)

A.H. said...

WEll...now my day is complete...I've cried!

I'm so happy for you both! Enjoy your trip and holding your little man for the first time.

Fyi...I found a cool company that will turn your blog into a bound book...I think once our guy comes home we'll do it and we'll have a keepsake for him.

Dawn said...

Hi A and B... I'm not able to get onto your blog - do you have yours as private? If so - could I have access please??? Thanks!!

Jess & Matt said...

Awe, that is so sweet. I can not wait to hear about your trip and experience over in Ethiopia. I am very excited for the both of you!!

Paul and DeeDee said...

hey! Will you please check on our sweetie while you are picking up precious Jaxson? Email me and I will send you pictures and info....I am dying to know more about her and what size clothing she might be in....:)

deedee1784@yahoo.com

Kristi J said...

ok, you put a hurtin on me!! I'm so writing my girl a letter before we leave now...So when I do you'll know where I got the idea :) Hurry up and get there..I'm ready to see you holding him :) Yeah...almost time, kj

Brian and Autumn said...

Ok ok so I know I was a ground breaker when I was a "rule" breaker and was the first AGCI mom to post photos once I passed court but pre-travel. Now Renee just asked and got permission so do you believe me NOW that it's ok??? Let's get some Jaxson photos on this blog already!!!!!

Troy said...

GODSPEED TODAY! We are praying for safe travels to your son's home country :)

jody said...

hey-i'll see you in new york TODAY!!!! on our eleventy billion hour flight!!!! aaaaaggggghhhh!!!

Anonymous said...

Words cannot express how incredibly happy and proud I am of Dawn and Tim. I will worry about them the whole time they are gone and wait anxiously for their return.I love being a grandma already!!!Guys.....PLEASE be safe!!! And enjoy your moment. Wish we could be there with you .
love
mom

Kristi J said...

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, are you in the air...post some pics from the airport...so excited for you all, kj