Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Update Update!

Ok people, I have LOTS to update you on! I have been SO busy that I haven't had much time for blogs. We got the call on Friday with our travel dates and we just booked our flights yesterday. We leave next week Thursday... travel through 5 different airports (no that is NOT a typo) and arrive in Addis on Saturday at 11:30am. We are going to take a little extra time to see a little more of the city and experience the culture. We will then leave on Thursday night and travel back through 5 airports again and arrive in Milwaukee at 4:50pm. We can't believe we have tickets booked to pick up Jaxson! Wow. And we are so excited to see everyone when we get back, it sounds like we will have quite a bit of family and friends at the airport to welcome our new family home. :) We even have a very good friend flying in from Australia to see us walk off the plane... now that's LOVE!!

So..... we also got a little update on Jaxson on Friday too. No pictures, but we learned a little bit more about his routine. He wakes up around 6am, eats every 2-3 hrs, has 2 baths a day, lays out in the sun for about 2 1/2 hrs, likes classical music lullabies as he's being rocked to sleep, oh and he gets up 3-4 times in the night. Yikes! We will be trying to fix that part for sure. They say that he is a very content baby and sweet (well that part I already knew).

We had a busy weekend with our nieces sleeping over, good times with friends, and trying to start packing. Remember how I told you all that my house was super duper clean and everything was just perfect. Ha! Well, my livingroom looks like a tornado came through. We have donations GALORE! We have received an amazing amount of support from everyone - so thank you thank you thank you!! We started to pack up the donations tonight and weigh them and well we are going to have some problems I think. We have TOO much. We are trying to get creative and see what we can do. Otherwise we may be spending big bucks to get this over. We may have to leave some donations back and send them with other traveling families. Cass & Jess, I may be calling you.

I also had a little surprise baby shower at work today and they made a donation to HH in our name. I thought that was SO very thoughtful!! So, thank you to all of my co-workers!!

Well, the dryer just dinged. I just did my first load of baby laundry!! Woohoo!! I get to go fold his little jammies and roll his ridiculously cute little socks.

13 comments:

jody said...

it is so SOON! you will have a boy filling those teensy socks hee hee hee :)

Amber Weiseth said...

Enjoy folding the laundry! It was always one of my favorite nesting activities. Unfortunately the joy ends soon after their arrival.

Kristi J said...

Yeah!!! so fun!! I'm so excited for ya....Hug Miss M for me and steal some pics of her if they let ya :) And you better post from ET..I want to see you holding your new main squeeze...There is nothing like holding your baby for the first time...so sweet !!! Don't leave us hangin back here in the states...we want lots of pics of yall lovin on jaxson :) kj

Sarah said...

Wow! And I was feeling sorry for myself here on the West Coast because we have to spend so much more time traveling than you all you East Coast(ish) people...but 5 airports?! Yikes! I DO envy your getting there early. That will be so cool for you guys! Just to have extra time shopping...and recovering from jet lag... Ha!

Don't know what we're going to do with our donations yet either...we have two 30-gallon tubs full and I can't budge either, so I KNOW they're more than 50 lbs!

JonesEthiopia said...

I'm just so excited for you!! I can't even tell you how much! :)

We have our CIS appointment in a matter of a few hours for our 2nd adoption, and I just can't wait to go through all this excitement again.

Margaret said...

Ok, I just LOVE this post! I can just feel the ooey gooey love pouring out of you for that little boy!!! What a wonderful trip you are going to have (but 5 airports???!!! Please tell me that is not the norm!!!) I cannot wait to see this little man of yours!!!!

Tisha Alexander said...

Seriously why the 5 airports? You do not live at the North Pole. You are going to have to fill us in on that. I need to tell you something about getting there, please remind me, if you remember! :)

Listen... are you listening??! OK... if you do not have any room, please just use the money I sent you for whatever you need. Forget out the Bumbo seat, honest!!!

A.H. said...

I love to "read" the excitment in your voice. Best Wishes! I can't wait to see your "gotcha" video.
Also...thanks for the pottery barn clock idea. I think we ordered and received the last one...no joke. It will look great in our little guys room.

Good luck with packing. If I traveled sooner, I would take some for you...but no such luck here.

Brian and Autumn said...

SO FUN doing that first load of baby clothes! Can I still send you some letters and pictures for Emily and the special mothers or should I send them to Renee?

Paul and DeeDee said...

Thanks, we are just trying to be as patient as possible! be sure to look for any new girls when you are there! We are so excited for you guys!! I can't wait to hear about your trip

Mandy said...

I love reading how excited you are! I can't wait to see lots of pictures when you get him!!!

The Hull's at #4 said...

Enjoy being excited over that first load of baby clothes!!! Pretty soon you'll be taking off your shoes and flashing that passport!!!

Jeremy and Angela said...

This is going to sound so silly, but..... vacuum bags for all of the donations you are taking over (diapers, clothes etc). Pull the air out of everything, you will be amazed at how small and flat things can become! You can even find the bags at walmart.

good luck for your trip!