Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Update

Hello everyone! We are still alive over here, just adjusting to being new parents. I think we're getting pretty close to some sort of schedule. We are LOVING parenthood. It's AMAZING!! Jaxson is doing really well. He is attaching & bonding and we couldn't ask for anything more. Tonight he laid on me and just looked in my eyes and smiled at me for about 45 minutes. Nothing feels better than that.

I'm still playing catch up on emails and haven't had time for the blogs, but I'm trying. My days consist of feeding Jaxson, burping Jaxson, wiping Jaxson's butt, playing with Jaxson, staring at Jaxson, rocking Jaxson, bathing Jaxson, etc...etc. He consumes my day, but I love every minute of it.

I want to post about our trip soon, so stay tuned for that because it's coming. But, I'll leave you with a few pictures of my beautiful boy.







16 comments:

The Bogard Family said...

Jaxson is so sweet! I love the pictures!!! Parenthood is wonderful enjoy every minute. I love how he laid on you and looked into your eyes and smiled. That just made me have tears in my eyes. I am so happy for you!!!

nell ann said...

I am so jealous of your schedule! I love it. It sounds great and I can't wait for mine to sound the same. I am hoping there are some naps scheduled in there, too. Oh, and I LOVE that little onesie in the top picture. "Practically Perfect" -- so true! : )

The Hull's at #4 said...

I am so glad you guys are adjusting well and are so happy! Can't wait to talk! K

Tisha Alexander said...

YAY!!! He is a gorgeous baby. Take your time with the posts. I am patient! :)

Margaret and Cordel said...

Oh DAWN!! He is just so beautiful I cannot even STAND IT!!! I can already tell what a blessing he has been to your life! You are such a great Mommy!!!!! I cannot wait to meet little Jaxson and give you both BIG HUGS!!

Jess & Matt said...

Wow Dawn he is such a cutie pie. I completely understand the busy mom thing but it truly is the best. Embrace every moment. Can't wait to hear about your journey.

Kelly said...

Beautiful boy, indeed! I'm sure you're a bit overwhelmed at the moment, but it sounds like things are going quite well for all of you!

JonesEthiopia said...

He's so darling. That orange is fabulous against his skin! So precious.

A.H. said...

Adorable!!!! Thanks for sharing. We look forward the your posts about Ethiopia...but know you are so busy soaking up your little guy!! Enjoy!

A.H. said...

I forgot to ask how old your handsome man is now?

Kristin said...

He is a stunning little boy! He looks so happy and so glad you guys are too. Congrats!

Unknown said...

Jaxson is one lucky boy. Glad to hear that things are going well for all of you.

Jana said...

Oh my gosh, he is a cutie!! Mommyhood really is the best schedule ever!!!!

nell ann said...

I know you just posted yesterday...but some of us are living vicariously through you and would really appreciate it if you could blog more often. Show that cutie off!!

Kristi J said...

Ok, so seriously...he might be the cutest thing ever!!! He's gorgeous!! I'm so excited for you...but you left out one part of your schedule you shared with me over email :) You should share that part with the world, ha. He's precious..and you don't have to share your trip...Jody did it for you :) We know what you did every step of the way..lol. kristi

Brian and Autumn said...

He is GORGEOUS!!!!!!