Monday, October 27, 2008

Adoption Benefit...AMAZING!!!

Ok, as I said the other day...our friends and my mom planned an AWESOME fundraiser for us last week. They had bingo, beautiful gift baskets and a 50/50 raffle. There were 100 people there on Thursday night. It was an amazing feeling to look around the room and see all of our friends and family there to support us. There were lots of people there that don't even know us. We are very overwhelmed by all of the love, support and generosity.

As most of you know, our #'s right now are #6 for a boy and #9 for a girl. So..the first game of bingo that night...first number called was #69. I was thinking wow - that's cool those are both of our #'s. Second number called was #9. Wow - alright now I have the goosebumps - very cool. Third number called was #6. Ok, the tears started coming at this point. SERIOUSLY?! How cool is that!! Everyone in the room was amazed - VERY cool little story!!

Again, thank you to everyone who came out to support us. And thank you to my very best friends and mom for all of your hard work on putting this together. We are forever grateful...

Here is a little slideshow that Tim put together of the event. Turn up the volume - there's a nice little song to go along with it! :)

7 comments:

Matt and Emily said...

That is so AWESOME!!!! What AMAZING family and friends to have put in such hard work. It looked like so much fun. I love Bingo! Can't wait to hear that you got your referral!!!

Our journey said...

Incredible Dawn! It is just amazing how God uses His people to come together and help you where you need it! Praise Him!

Michael and Michelle said...

Looks like lots of fun!
You are so close!! The call is going to come so soon!

Michelle

jody said...

So awesome! I love that for you all!!! Where did you all get your red shirts?? I can only find stuff on eBay and got a cutie patootie little baby suit but totally want one for ME ME ME!!! (ok, maybe a wee bit selfish there...) WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE! I hate close, I either want to be far away or have the referral. close is bad. Well, but sort of good, too :). heehee

The Gresham Clan said...

How amazing!! It looks like it was such a special and incredible event. It's obvious that you have amazing and loving friends. The story about the numbers is awesome!! You're getting closer!!

Kristin

Matt and Emily said...

The wait to travel is very hard. I thought it would be easier but I just long everyday to hold my little girl in my arms. Praying you hear something soon.

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to hear tht your benefit went so well!! Woohoo!! Praying your wait comes to an end soon!!!