Thursday, October 16, 2008

Slacker? Yes...I am

Ok, so I have been very busy and have been slacking - sorry! Ok, so what have we been up to? Lots! First of all...Oprah was great!! The show aired on Monday and if you looked closely you saw my 4.3 seconds of fame. The camera was panning the audience and everyone has a normal look on their face and I have this huge smile plastered on my face like a major cheeseball. There wasn't a funny joke or anything like that...nope just me being giddy because I was at the Oprah show. Haha...oh well. AND I must say that I did make eye contact with Oprah and I think I could tell what she was thinking. "Hmmm...that girl looks fun - I think I want to be her friend". MOVE OVER GAYLE!! Yeah - maybe not, but I'm kinda hoping for a phone call from her. So...all in all it was a fun experience.

Then over the weekend Tim and I did lots of projects around the house. We have to convert our office into a nursery. So, Tim built a new shelving unit in one of our closets, did some major cleaning, moved the desk out, etc etc. We made some good progress, but still more to be done. I've also moved to a new job at work - so things have been pretty hectic and I've been working some extra hours. And tomorrow Tim and I are headed to a Adoption Education class (it's mandatory through our homestudy agency). I'm looking forward to that because it sounds like we'll be discussing some good topics and we'll also get to meet other families. One of the families that we'll meet there is on the siblings list with AGCI - so that will be nice. Then we have our fundraiser next week that our friends are pulling together for us - I can't wait!! As far as adoption stuff...not much to report. I think we are #11 and #12 - hopefully we see some more referrals come out soon. And hopefully some families make it through their court dates so that they can go and pick up their children - there are soooo many families wanting to pick up their children SO bad!! Some have been waiting since June!! Ugh - I can't even imagine. So, please say a little prayer for those families. Well, seeing as I have to get up in 5 hrs I should probably try and get some sleep. Good night!

5 comments:

Margaret and Cordel said...

HI Dawn!!

My addy is margaretwolski@yahoo.com
But I am TOTALLY willing to help plan whatever!!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do!!! OH, and good luck with your fundraiser!! Praying for lots of blessings!!! :)

jody said...

it is amazing how you can turn around and another week is gone, isn't it??? today is Friday, I am finally getting around to unpacking from trip from which we returned last Sunday!! how's that for beinga slacker?!

Margaret and Cordel said...

Hi Again:

You've been tagged!! (check out my blog)

Brian and Autumn said...

Make that a double tag.

Kristi J said...

glad to finally hear from you (: My kiddos are at the beach with my hubby while I'm back at the house while the baby naps...ahhh peace and quiet!!! We're having a great trip and so glad you loved Oprah..I saw the show air before we left and thought of you. good luck with the nursery...I'm not sure Lucy will get one...we're out of bedrooms at our house (: kristi