Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Fax With Wings...

I was just thinking of this story earlier today and thought I'd share it with all of you. This happened back in January and well it's just funny - read it. I promise it will make you chuckle. And we all know we could use one right about now.

Little background - my boss was having a meeting all day at an offsite location and I had requested that this place fax me their menu, so I could pre-order some food. Well, the fax wasn't coming, so I called back a few hours later to remind her. Here is our conversation.

ME: Hi, this is Dawn calling to remind you to please fax me that menu so I can order food for tomorrow.
LADY: Oh, I'm so glad you called because we have a problem.
ME: Ok – what is the problem?
LADY: Well, I only have 1 copy of the menu, so I can't fax it to you because then I won't have my copy left.
ME: (shocked and stunned that she just said this…I sit there in silence)
LADY: Hello – are you still there?
ME: Uhhh…yeah
LADY: Yeah, so I'm sorry I can't fax that to you.
ME: Umm…when you fax something it doesn't go away, it just sends a copy.
LADY: Oh, I don't think so. I mean, I'll try it. But I don't think so.

So, I had to just hang up right there because I was about to bust a gut laughing. Does she think that when you put something into the fax machine that it grows wings and flies over to the person?!?! So, there is your little laugh for the day.

I did eventually receive the fax about 5 hrs after our conversation. TOO funny!!

6 comments:

Michael and Michelle said...

That is so funny!! I wonder what she thought after she sent it?? To funny!

Michelle

Erin said...

har har har. Thanks for that, I work with one of those :)
Erin

Our journey said...

Oh my! I had to reread what she said, because I couldn't believe that came out of her mouth. Too funny!

The Gresham Clan said...

Your right - this made me chuckle - too funny!!

Kristi J said...

that is hilarious...So, what do you think of the delay email info??kristi

Anonymous said...

I just came across your blog...and think this is one of the funniest things I've ever heard...my story of the day now.
Thanks for sharing,
Erin