Sunday, October 19, 2008

Friends

Ok, I know I always say how I have great friends, but I REALLY do. This group of friends and my Mom have organized a fundraiser for Tim and I. Neither Tim or I are good at asking for help. We would have never asked for any help financially for our adoption expenses. So, this is a huge blessing for us! The group got together last night to put together gift baskets, make signs, and wrap up some details. Here are a few pictures.

These are some of the gorgeous gift baskets they put together!!

And here is the flyer that they did.
We are very excited for Thursday!! Thanks again to all my friends (and mom)!!!
Today, I had coffee with my new friend Karla (Hi Karla - if you are reading this). Her family is adopting from Ethiopia (with Gladney) and just relocated here from Texas. She is the first person I've met in town here adopting from Ethiopia. She is very nice and I'm looking forward to having an "adopting friend" here in town. I'm also working on getting a group started for Southeast WI. So, if anyone out there reads my blog and lives around the area and has adopted, or in the process or simply just thinking about it - PLEASE let me know and I'll add you to the list!
Ok, now I'm off to continue moping around the house because it's Sunday night. Does everyone else get super depressed on Sunday nights? Tim and I get pretty pathetic on Sunday nights. Blah.

2 comments:

C said...

can't wait to hear how well it turns out!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until Thursday night either... but more importantly, I can't wait until you get to hold your son or daughter for the first time. We are all so excited! Hugs...