Friday, October 17, 2008

TAG - I'm it!!

Ok, I've been tagged by Autumn & Margaret - so here I go. Here are 7 random/strange things about myself. I could probably do like 100, but we'll just stick to the required 7.



1. I often say that certain things should be "illegal". My #1 thing that I think should be illegal is waking up when it's still dark outside. I'm sorry, but that's just not right. Come on people - let's make that a law, ok? Mullets...well that's a close second.. I have a whole list - but we'll save that for a future blog.

2. I have a large patch of grey hair in the back of my head. I've always had it since I was a little girl. I dyed my hair once in high school and my grey patch turned purple. Safe to say - I've never done that again.

3. I'm a picky eater...a really picky eater. Growing up my brother and I were allowed to have 2 foods that we didn't ever have to eat. Mine were mashed potatoes and steak. Yes, I know those are most people's favorite foods. I'm weird...I know.

4. I'm 27 yrs old and I still run up the stairs when I come up from the basement...JUST in case a weird man is chasing me.

5. I love wearing sweats and a t-shirt. As soon as I get home from work everyday - the work clothes come off and the comfies come on.

6. I won the spelling bee in 4th grade. I LOVE spelling still. I almost always notice when people mispell and it really bothers me and I want to correct them. But, I don't...but I really really want to. Well..I do to Tim all the time and it bugs him

7. I carry chapstick with me everywhere I go. If I don't have chapstick on me I'll freak out.


Ok...that wasn't so bad. So...I'm now tagging...

Jody, Kristi, Erin, Karen, Kristin, Christin, Renee
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So...the adoption education class today went really well. A bit of information overload, but all in all it was good. We really enjoyed the speakers and sessions that they had. Lots learned!
Ok and I just have to tell you. You know our crazy squirrel issues, right? Ok..so in our local newspaper this week there was an article on how this squirrel attacked a man outside his home!! He had three 1/2" deep scratches. A police officer came to the scene and the squirrel came back and started chasing them again. The police officer ended up having to kill the squirrel. He gave it a beat down with his baton. Ok people - now you know I was not exaggerating! We have crazy squirrels in Southeast Wisconsin! Watch out people...

6 comments:

jody said...

Ok, i am just laughing out loud-for several reasons. 1-I run up the staris for the exact same reason and I KNOW I was "not given a spirit of fear" and blah blah blah but there could be a KILLER, you know???? Also, I have the same issues with spelling and oh my gosh, clother OTHER than comfies should be illegal! my girls even have their little knit pant that they call "comfos"-they have learned well, young jedis.... and finally-laughing about the squirrel getting a beat down by the police man-hahahaha. and OK, WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE WITH OUR NUMBERS!!! AGH! the craziness of it all! I'm not ready! I'm excited! Boy or Girl?! Oh the craziness!!!

Renee said...

ok i completed the tag challenge haha...What do you think our chances are of a referral by christmas present...i'm getting so hopeful

Three2Five said...

THat was hilarious the whole running up the stairs thing!!!! Hahaha! So I haven't seen you post on my blog for awhile...I can't wait to find out what number you are!

Kristi J said...

I always run up the basement stairs too, but really, I just leave the lights on now and let the electricity burn all night if i have too....I also send my hubby back down to turn off lights so I don't have to come up in the dark...so silly. #14...wow!! so exciting...I can't believe I've moved so much...keep me updated, kristi

Three2Five said...

Those #'s are so low! Especially since we were "officially" #5 on the boys list and #4 on the girls when we got our referral of our little boy...Funny thing is we were "unofficially" #4 on the boys and #2 on the girls! How exciting for you! I would have to say the wait is different! I had a lot more anxiety waiting to know if our baby was a boy or girl how old he was, what he or she looked like (well you know the questions). Waiting to travel is different. I have peace yet I feel impatient, like I just don't want to wait. For me there is not so much anxiety, just well kind of like when you tell your three year old they have to wait until after nap to have a cookie...He knows it will happen, he knows the time frame, he just doesn't want to "wait." Well that's me now in a nut shell:)

Brian and Autumn said...

You have GOT TO BE KIDDING ME about the squirrel. Wait, did I spell that right? One R or 2? :)