Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Happy Mommy

We got an update on our little guy!!! I was desperately needing an update, so was thrilled to get this email today from Autumn - she is so awesome I just love her!

He is precious! He is super teeny tiny. His mannerisms are those of a newborn. You still have to completely support his head when holding him. He is just so loveable and dependent and sweet. I was able to hold him for quite a while. He was an absolute doll. One of the nannies came over and gave me a nipple (detached from a bottle) of flaxseed oil. I don't know why they give it to them. Anyway, I fed him that as I held him. He was so sleepy I felt so bad. He would start dosing off and I would slightly wiggle the nipple. He would wake enough to remember something was in his mouth and start sucking again. 10 seconds later he would dose again. His expression and mannerisms were so sweet. Everything about him is perfectly precious.

47 days til our court date. Please oh please let the time go by fast and please oh please let us pass on the 1st time! I don't think I can wait much longer... this is so hard. It is so crazy how we love this little baby more than anything in the world... and have never met him or held him. But, he is definitely in our hearts. Mommy & Daddy are coming soon Jaxson!!

7 comments:

jody said...

it is ok, time will fly by when we are lounging on the beaches of jamaica and then all of the sudden it will be time to go get our babies :) so happy you got an update!

Renee said...

Hey wait you guys are going to jamaica i wanna come to haha..check out my blog i got an update to...autumn rocks.

Tisha Alexander said...

So glad you got an update! I am sure those are so precious while you wait for the court date.

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
He sounds as though he is just a little cherub of a thing!!! I know that this has to be so hard waiting to hold your precious baby!!! I cannot wait to hear the day when you get a call to go and get him and bring him home!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful little description of your little guy from autumn! I know how hard the waiting can be! i pray it goes quickly for you.

Kristi J said...

wow...how awesome is that?? Ok, so seriously, why were they giving him flax seed oil?? just curious...hurry up court :) kristi

The Gresham Clan said...

So great to hear how your little boy is doing! Praying your court date comes QUICKLY!!