Monday, January 5, 2009

The GREATEST phone call!!!

Today was THE day!!! The phone call that we have been waiting for came!! It's a BOY!!! And a little itty bitty one!! He is about 8 weeks old and pretty small. He came to Hannah's Hope on 11/20/08 and weighed a whopping 5.7 lbs and was 20.5" long. Skinny little guy, but very healthy. It won't be long until HH plumps him right up! Ok, so let me tell you about the day!


Well, the day started off with little sleep. I was so anxious last night that I tossed all night long. I was convinced that we should be getting the call today and if not, well I was going to be VERY disappointed. Our caseworker Julie emailed all of the families this morning saying that AGCI was opened back up and they were playing catch-up, but that they would be calling all families this week with a monthly update and new #'s. Oh and she said I hope you had a great holiday... blah blah blah. So, I was wanting to email her SO bad and just say "ummm... so do you have some great news for us and will you be calling me TODAY?!" But, I figured that was a little too direct, so I emailed back and said "Thanks Julie. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!". Well, she emailed back and said "I look forward to talking to you too!". And then......... she put a smiley face!!! So, then the detective work began. She wouldn't put a smiley face if she didn't have good news, right? I mean - come on - you don't put a smiley face and then NOT call with a referral! I even emailed Jody to tell her that I got a smiley face!! So, anyway... the anxiety levels were high and productivity at work was LOW. It was my first day back to work in 2 weeks and it had to be the day that the agency opened back up and we were #1 on the list - ugh! So, friends and family all had their guesses in on what time the call would come today (if it came) and there were about 15 guesses and nobody got it spot on, but close! Dani -you guessed 3:43pm and Sandy I think you were 3:52pm and the call came at 3:47pm!! Ok, so anyways... I had a little heads up that the call would be coming since my lovely friend Jody emailed me while she was on the phone with Christy getting her referral!! Now Jody is behind me on the list, so I'm thinking "WHAT?!" Well, I knew that Christy was probably just a little ahead of the game then Julie, so I knew it was coming! I called Tim and he left work because he knew it was coming! I started packing up some of my stuff at my desk and then buzz buzz my phone was vibrating and it said "Julie - AGCI". I paused.... started BAWLING... then answered. Julie said she had some great news and I was just bawling. She said I have a little baby boy to tell you about - me, well I'm still bawling and couldn't even talk! She asked if I wanted more information or if I wanted to be with Tim for the info. I told her I wanted to be with Tim and I was leaving work and would call her in 15 minutes! All the while... still bawling!!! I told Julie I was sorry for crying, but I was just SOOOO happy!! So, some friends came by to see me run out the door and packed up my stuff for me and shut my computer off. And off I ran! I live like 8 minutes from work and while I'm on my way home Jody called to tell me about her referral and I told her I just got mine too!! Then when I got home Tim and I called Julie and of course she didn't answer, so we left a message and waited... waited... paced... waited. Then after 20 minutes I said screw this I'm calling her back again! So, we called and she answered! She said "I had a feeling it was you, I was just about to call you back". I said "yeah well we were just a tad impatient". She then told us all about him!! We have about 50 pictures of the little guy. Like I said he's small and he looks like a little old man - hehe. He's not smiling at all and is very serious!! Several people have asked us about his background and Tim and I aren't sure that we are going to share his information on how he ended up at HH. We feel like it's kinda private and not quite sure how we'll choose to share that info (if at all). But, it's sad... So, anyway...we've had a house full of people all night long, LOTS of emails and phone calls and text messages that I have not been able to respond to - Sorry!! After the last person left at 10:30pm, we just sat on the couch and tried to let it all sink in and oh yeah ate some supper. We are VERY happy!! How am I ever going to sleep tonight???

Here is a picture of Tim and I getting our first look at the little nugget!

And here is a picture of our fridge! lol. We've had these sheets up on the fridge since July and would cross off our #'s as they would go down.... felt SO good to cross off the #1!!!
Renee, Kristi & NellAnn - I hope you hear some good news soon!!!

15 comments:

jody said...

woo hoo!!! we made it thru the waiting for the referral!!! now, more waiting.... i just cannot believe we have their little faces right in front of us-eek!!

Eryn said...

Yay!! I was so hoping to hear this good news for you today! I've checked back (yes, I am a blog stalker) a few times...congrats on the baby boy!

nell ann said...

hey, what's this about good luck for renee and kristi? what about the rest of us?

just kidding. i am so happy for you both! what fantastic news--and so tiny, too! i hope you get some sleep tonight!

Aubrey said...

Hi Dawn! I don't think I've posted a comment before but I'm so happy for you guys! Congratulations! :) (Please don't read anything into my smiley face, I don't have another referral for you!)

Erin Sager said...

I just found your blog, congrats on getting your referral enjoy the moment...Erin

Troy said...

That's a great story ... CONGRATS!

Anonymous said...

Dawn!!!! I am THRILLED for you!!! Oh my goodness!! I just needed to wait longer to check yesterday huh?? YAYYYYYY!!!! Please make sure to post on the SEWI yahoo group so all of SE WI can celebrate with you!!!! Congratulations on your new son!!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Tim and Dawn! Couldn't be happier for you!
Can't wait to see the little guy!

Ron & Maria said...

Congratulations! So happy for you!

Kristi J said...

Oh, you made me cry!! That is so sweet...I'm afraid I'll cry too, but I told Will I wasn't waiting for him...I'd forward him the email...:) It is our #5, you know :) too sweet...He's adorable!! Sooooooooo happy for you, kristi
ps..call me if you hear anything about Kim.kj

Paul and DeeDee said...

Oh my goodness I am sitting here CRYING! I am so excited for you guys!! sweet and tiny!

Brian and Autumn said...

WOOOOOO HOOOO!! Soak it all up! The cloud 9 feeling will last for WEEKS!!! :) YEAH!
Autumn

C said...

I am so HAPPY for you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gresham Clan said...

YES, YES, YES - SOOO happy for you guys!!! What a blessing this little boy is and will be in your life! Enjoy this high!!

Kristin

Kristi J said...

Hey, still haven't heard my update numbers yet...but still guessing #3...I'm still looking for Kim and Cale, ha....I'm failing at my detective skills..:) kj