Saturday, January 10, 2009

Showered with Gifts!!

Today was our baby shower - let me just say.... WOW!!! I know I say this all the time, but we are so incredibly blessed. Blessed...blessed.... blessed. We were showered with so many wonderful gifts. We have everything we could possibly want or need and more. Only thing missing now is the little guy himself!!

I don't think I've posted what his name is and since it's on the cake I better tell you now before you see it! If his name was given by his birth family then we would have kept it, but that's not the case. So, we have decided to change his name (for several reasons). Jaxson Kyin is the name we've chosen. Kyin is an Ethiopian name and means long awaited child. So...kinda fitting - huh? So, now that we have that out of the way - here are some pictures from the shower.
My Grandma's...


My Mom...


My good friend Debra (she helped host the shower)




These cute little bags were sitting at everyone's seat. Inside was a bracelet made by women in Africa and the proceeds went to send children to school in Africa. Cool, huh?! My mom and my friend Sally made these cutie patootie bags (they match the nursery bedding)


Everyone also got one of these super cute & yummy cookies that my friend Lisa made.
Then there was a placemat at everyone's seat that had a very sweet poem typed on it. So precious... (warning - you will need kleenex)
KISSES IN THE WIND
I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams. You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.
I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long. But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you. I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.
Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend. But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.
May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight. And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.
Ok - is that not the sweetest poem?! I LOVED IT!! Now go on and get your kleenex so you can finish reading this.

This was the cake that my friend Lisa made!! Isn't it cute?! Again in matches the bedding and she even wrote Amharic on the cake - very impressed!! And not only did it look awesome, but it tasted SOOOO good. It was some chocolately goodness with oreo filling. I promise you - the best cake you'll ever taste.


Can you see me in the sea of gifts?!
Oh just some of my best friends... this is Lisa, Sally and Sandy. They are WONDERFUL friends. I love them.
Ok, so I got A LOT of WONDERFUL gifts and if I could post pics of all of them I would, but the post would never end. So, I'll just share this one with you. My cousin got this cute hoodie for me. If you don't have your glasses on and can't read it, it says "There's nowhere on earth I wouldn't go to bring you home to me". I love it.
And here are all the gifts in our living room. YIKES! Baby Jaxson is taking over the house and he's not even here yet!! We aren't quite done in the nursery yet, so for now - this is where it's staying.
So, that was our FUN day!! It was so great, I loved every minute of it. Thank you to everyone for coming to celebrate with us and thank you for all the wonderful gifts you showered upon us. Jaxson has absolutely no idea how many people are waiting for him here and cannot wait to shower him with love! THANK YOU TO ALL MY AWESOME FAMILY & FRIENDS!! I love you!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful shower & we love you too!! And we love Jaxson and can't wait to hold him and kiss him. Can't wait to see your nursery all finished.
Sally

Eryn said...

What fun!! What a blessing to be so loved, in perfect time to celebrate your new referral! Eryn

Paul and DeeDee said...

awww I am pretty partial to that name as well:) and cool spelling! Looks like you had a wonderful time! baby gifts are so much fun.

jody said...

1st-cute sweater
2nd-your mom looks like your older sister
3rd-thanks for making me all teary with the poem
4th-so wish i could've been there!!
5th-you got so much stuff-so FUN!!!
6th-i am missing my baby-how 'bout you?

nell ann said...

1. i like lists, too.
2. i think we were switched at birth because you look more like my mother than i do. are we related?
3. so cool all your shower matched your bedding
4. that was the most awesomely carried-out theme party/shower ever. i am seriously impressed.
5. that is a literal TON of stuff
6. lucky baby
7. another big CONGRATS on knowing your baby's face for the shower...and in general. i can't wait to know how that feels.
8. i give it all a 10!

Sarah said...

What a fun shower! It may just take you three months to find places to put all that stuff!

Oh, and Jody and Nell Ann's comments totally cracked me up!

Glad to hear the doctor's appt went well! How's that billion page transition plan going? It was like our homestudy all over again. Phew!

We're still working on the name thing. We like the name she was given and it means "a gift"...but we don't know yet. Guess we have some time though.

Anonymous said...

Dawn...what a wonderful shower it must have been!! Your family and friends did such a wonderful job....such beautiful favors and cake!!! I love the name too!! :)

Kristi J said...

Ok....How cute!!!
Yes, your mom looks like a sister...How old are you guys?? You both look sooo young!!
Yes, I've never seen so much come from one shower and I've had 4 kiddos...so lots of showers.
Love the name...
Love the Africa Cookie the BEST!! I want that at my shower....
Loved the poem!!!!!
Such sweet memories...He'll be home using all this stuff in no time,
kristi

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the day...that's what it's about celebrating you, Tim and Jaxson! Love ya and can't wait to give the little guy kisses and hugs!

Deanna

Mandy said...

It looks like you have a wonderful group of awesome, supportive friends! What a blessing!

Ron & Maria said...

Congrats on your shower, I read all the way back to your referral day! Awesome! Awesome! Awesome! You must be so super excited. Congrats! I'm happy for you.
Maria

Outdrsycple said...

Wow, I'm glad you got all you needed! I love the hoodie!