Saturday, January 17, 2009

My New Garage Door Service Company and some other fun stuff

So, I have decided that I should start my own garage door service company. Why you ask??? Well, let me explain. We had plans to go out with some friends tonight and we get in the car, pull out of the garage, push the button to close the garage door, garage door is not closing. Tim gets out to inspect what the problem is... he can't figure it out, so he decides to just close it manually - nope can't do that either - it's stuck. Ok.... now what? Well, Tim gets up on a ladder and finds that the cables are all twisted around this little wheel thingymajig. Clearly not something he can fix. He calls a place in the phonebook that has 24 hour service because our garage door is wide open and we can't leave the house with it open. They come out to fix it... would you like to know how much they charge PER hour? $168... yes, that's right. $168 per hour. No typo here folks. I am in the wrong business. So, I'm sure to be a millionaire soon after fixing a few garage doors on Saturday nights. It's robbery I'm telling ya.

Since we are not out with our friends... I'm at home blogging. Which has been on my to do list, but keeps getting pushed to the bottom. Update for everyone. Our paperwork is all sent in!! Woot woot!! It was kinda like sending in all of the dossier paperwork - felt so good to get it OUT of the house. We are now in waiting mode again. We should hear from AGCI in about 3 weeks with what our first court date is. Hoping for early March! IF we pass on the 1st time, then we could travel early April! :) We will be sending the bag 'o love to the little guy next week. I'll be sure to post pics of what we send.

Tim and I had a really fun night last night and we bought Jaxson clothes for the first time. Oh, it was SO much fun! You will all think I'm a big dork, but I actually had tears in my eyes. Because for once I wasn't buying clothes for my nieces or nephew, or cousins, or my friend's kids. I was buying clothes for MY son. Fun stuff. And good deals too because it was all on clearance.

I've been meaning to show you some of the fun stuff that I got for Christmas. So - here you go. If you want to know where any of it is from I can let you know.
Some T-Shirts


Ok, my adoption rocks tshirt is downstairs being washed, so I couldn't take a pic but this logo is on the front and it's cute.
Fun clock


Super Cute Pouch/Bag with Ethiopian Flag stitched on
charm that says "Mother" in Amharic
Cool stuff, huh?! I think so. I loved all of the thoughtful gifts!

13 comments:

Mandy said...

We've never met, but reading how excited you are makes me excited for you! What a sweet post. And, CUTE Christmas gifts! :)

JonesEthiopia said...

I would love to know where you got the first shirt... LOVE IT. And the charm, too!

Renee said...

Didn't it feel great to get rid of the paperwork. Ours should be landing on Christies desk monday around 10:30. I'm slightly behind you and Jody but hopefully on the Ethiopian side of things we will stay togeather. How do you know when we can mail a gift?? Did they tell us that somewhere and I missed it...help...i'm still trying to find some kind of tag that i can write his name on and sew onto the little stuffed moose we bought him. And yes i do spend a good part of my day staring at his pictures.

C said...

I want to know where it all came from, cute stuff!!!!

Eryn said...

That is some FUN and cute cute stuff! I love it! So, do tell where the fun shirts came from and the necklace...love it!

Troy said...

I can see the giddy excitement from Amber on some of the stuff we've bought for our baby and his/her nursery so I can appreciate your excitement/emotion, especially with the personal nature of clothes

Kristi J said...

ok, so all that stuff is sooo cute...I want it!! Ok, so i really just want my referral, ha! So, I sent email to Julie..we'll see if she replys...I was just telling her I was wondering if the numbers were correct last month putting me 'right' behind Kim...we'll see what she says if anything :) I want the t-shirts, kristi

emily said...

So glad you finally said "hi"! Congrats on your baby boy. Prayerfully your court date will come quickly and you will have him in your arms soon. :)

The B Family said...

Thanks for visiting our blog. I'm glad to find yours, too. I'm going to enjoy following it. LOVE reading referral day posts. And please do tell me where the precious t-shirts are from. Too cute! And your baby shower favors were great! Would love to find some Africa cookie cutters!

jody said...

ok, love it all and you need to send it all to me. i am just saying--you have my address....ok, you can keep the necklace charm b/c that is super special to you but the rest needs to be mine now, 'k?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you have all the paperwork done!! YAY!! I LOVE all your Africa stuff too!! VERY cute!! especially the adoption rocks t-shirt!

Margaret and Cordel said...

Ok, so I totally went and bought one of the Enat charms...it is black and white though. They were just so adorable I had to have one!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

Eastiopians said...

Hey! I was just reading back on your journey so far and man, I love so much. I love the closet in your nursery and I swear that I am going home today to ask my husband to do the same in our girl's room. Did he make it up or did he have a drawn plan? Anyway, I would LOVE to know where your Africa t-shirt came from with the hearts. Love your blog. ;)

Theresa